Friday, November 4, 2011

Month of Thanks Day 4

Day 4: My Legs

Despite having just had meniscus surgery today, I am thankful for my legs. My legs have allowed me to enjoy the beautiful scenes while trail running and mountain biking. My legs have allowed me to climb multiple 14ers during my time in Colorado, including the famous Pikes Peak. My legs have walked the streets of Europe and experienced the amazing waters while snorkeling at the Baths in Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. My legs have crossed a number of finish lines, from 5Ks to half-marathons and run more laps on a track than I can count. My legs have taught me to push beyond what my mind thinks is capable and by allowing my heart to take over, my legs can soar. Whether its hopping on my road bike, pounding a few miles on the asphalt or playing a little game of tennis, my legs have provided me a healthy outlet to relieve stress and clear my mind. So while I may be laid up today and the next several days from surgery, I am thankful for my legs and am looking forward to where else they will take me!!

1 comment:

  1. Those legs were made for traveling, of which you have obviously experienced. May you have a million more experiences, and a marathon or two, on those shapely, muscular legs.

    ReplyDelete