Sunday, November 13, 2011

Month of Thanks Day 11

Day 11: Family
 I am thankful for my family, both personal, immediate and extended. While I do not have any children yet, my husband and furbabies make up a perfect little family! Our little family has gone through many transitions together and I am so thankful to have our sweet little family.

When I was 17 I moved 4 hours away from home for college, at age 23 I moved 1,949 miles away from home, and now at age 28 I am 556 miles and a mere 10 hours away from where my family is. While the miles between may be far, I am thankful to get to see my immediate family at least once or twice a year. I am thankful that the miles between us only make each visit a little more special! I am also so happy to have developed such a close bond with my little sister, who was only 5 years old when I left home for college. Having her spend the last 3 summers with us has allowed us to share new adventures with her and created memories I will cherish forever.




While I don’t get to see my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) very often, I have some of the fondest and most precious memories of summers and Christmas time at my grandparents in Virginia. My extended family is truly spread throughout the country, but the times when the 50+ people get together at my grandparent’s farm in rural Virginia could not be described in words. And finally, though I rarely see her and only call maybe 4 times a year, I think about my precious grandma nearly everyday…love that woman to pieces and really need to be a better granddaughter and call more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment