Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day off work but still working!!

I have today off work, which means I get to work on crossing things off the never-ending to-do list of working towards fulfilling my goals of working for myself. Thus, a day off is not really a day off but instead is a chance for me to work on making my passion (fitness) into a flourishing career. However, a day off also means I get in a morning run and have time to actually make food and not just grab a bar on the way out the door :)



Post-run fuel this morning:
  • Spinach Smoothie Creation (~10 frozen cherries, 1 small banana, 2 spoonfuls of Chobani greek yogurt, 1 spoon of dark cocoa powder, a squirt of honey, and a handful of organic baby spinach)
  • 1/2 Bagel Thin smeared with fat free cream chez and jalapeno jelly from the farmers market
I know Spinach Smoothies or 'Green Monsters' as they are often called is quite the rage in the blog world. For those who have never tried them, I was skeptical at first, but I promise you can't taste the spinach and they are quite addicting!! I love mixing new things into mine to keep it fresh and exciting!! As I am always open to trying new foods, I would love to hear what some of your favorite post-workout foods are!

Back to the to-do list, then grocery shopping, and tennis with the hubs this evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment