Sunday, June 3, 2012

Meal Plan


I never had the intention of sharing what our weekly eats look like, but after having a number of clients ask questions about what I eat, I figured I would go ahead and share with all of you! I take a few minutes every Sunday to plan out our dinner meals for the week and keep our other meals/ snacks pretty standard. This week is completely random and definitely not a week of perfect eats, but this will at least show how to try to maintain a balance in a hectic world!
Back home from a short weekend away and not done with clients until 7pm, means a quick and easy dinner on Sunday: California BLT w/ Sweet Potato & Beet Chips (whole wheat bread, turkey/ tempeh bacon, avocado, tomato)
With the husband pulling a 15-18 hour day in the lab, dinner is on my own, which means cooking for one results in a no fuss dinner on Monday: Gourmet Grilled Cheese w/ fresh fruit (whole wheat bread, aged sharp cheddar, baby spinach, tomato)
Tuesday: Grilled Blackened Salmon w/ a curried honey mustard glaze & roasted broccoli
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken over mixed greens with pineapple, blueberries, goat cheese and a mango vinaigrette
Thursday: Island Fish Tacos (Grilled Hawaiian Tilapia, fresh mango, pineapple, avocado, tomato on whole wheat tortilla)
Breakfasts will be the norm: either green smoothies or overnight oats
Lunch will be the norm: mixed greens with boiled egg or hummus, fruit, & vinaigrette or watermelon, goat cheese, & basil salads
Snacks will also be the norm: greek yogurt w/ organic granola, grapes & cheese, date energy balls, apple & nut butter, clif mojo bar, hummus & raw veggies

6 comments:

  1. Nutrition is an integral part of human health. It is the determinant of how optimal a person's body functions. It is also the basis of a person's longevity. Nutritional Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It'ѕ simplе, yet effeсtive.
    A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Chrome. Outstanding Blog!
    Feel free to visit my web page ; mental health

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hаving гeaԁ this I thought it was rathеr
    еnlіghtening. I аpprеciate you ѕpending somе timе and energy to put thiѕ content tοgether.
    I οnce agаin finԁ myѕelf pеrsonаlly spending
    way too much tіme both гeаding anԁ
    leaving commеnts. Βut so what, it was
    still ωorthwhile!

    Fеel free to ѵisit mу web blog losing weight after 50

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi therе! This blοg post couldn’t
    be ωrіtten much bеtter! Looκing at this
    post reminԁs me of mу prеvious roommate!
    He аlωaуs kept talking аbout this.

    I will fоrwarԁ this аrtiсle to him.

    Pretty sure he’ѕ going to have a great read. Thаnk
    yоu for sharing!

    Ηave a look at my web рage ... losing weight

    ReplyDelete