Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fresh Idea

I have struggled with the idea of writing a niche-type blog for over a year. Not because I don't have the knowledge, passion, education, and experience. Instead, that is the exact reason I have struggled, I don't want to be just another "healthy-living" blog. Despite the fact that I read these types of blogs on a daily basis, I actually am often times annoyed, as these blog authors put forth info that is just their personal experience and do not actually know or understand the science (physiology or biomechanics) behind aerobic (running, cycling, etc) or resistance training; yet hundreds of readers take their advice and implement incorrect strength training programs, run the wrong way, and write race training plans based on what someone else did. This is not to say I know it all, because I don't, but I have spent the last 10 years learning, spending thousands of dollars on grad school and numerous certifications, hundreds of hours to continuously sharpen my skills and keep my certifications current, and countless hours training clients and coaching athletes!
{Stepping off my soap box now....}
I have decided that when I blog it will be about exactly what I want to blog about, if that's about fitness, nutrition/recipes, work, or just a few short sentences about what I did during the day then so be it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment